THE PUREBRED ARABIAN SALES: beginning the quest to find the future Amyr du Soleil
At a sporting level, the 2020 season bodes well for the PA sale organised by Arqana and AFAC. At the heart of a great week of racing, it’s an international occasion which you don’t want to miss.
Preceding the Qatar Arabian World Cup (Gr1 PA) by a few days, the sale will take place on Thursday, October 1st, at Saint-Cloud racecourse. The catalogue, which is available online, consists of 121 PA and endurance horses. A further breakdown reveals the presence of 35 horses-in-training, 44 juveniles, 21 broodmares, 12 three-year-olds in the endurance category, eight yearlings and a stallion. There’s little doubt that the successors of Amyr du Soleil (Amer) and Artemis (Artemis) will be on display, and the latter pair are among the very best performers in the younger PA horse division. They have proved to be the worthy successors of Rodess du Loup (Dahess), Al Shamoos (No Risk Al Maury), Faucon du Loup (Darweesh), and in particular Mister Ginoux (Amer)… so clearly a number of first class customers have been available to buyers at the Saint-Cloud sale!
A great moment of conviviality. As is the case each year, AFAC (Association Française du Cheval Arabe de Course), isn’t found wanting when it comes to promoting conviviality and shared experiences, core values which this organisation holds dear. Again, the breeders will be organising a picnic for attendees. This is due to take place at midday on Thursday, October 1st at Saint-Cloud. Each AFAC member will be bringing a speciality from their local region to the ‘party’, which will enable the other buyers/vendors to embark on a journey of discovery…while, at the same time, respecting the current health protocols.
The 2-year-old section. A total of 44 juvenile PA colts and fillies will kick-start proceedings, including progeny by proven sires such as Amer, Dahess, Mahaab, Munjiz and No Risk Al Maury. The Haras de Saint-Faust is the consignor of lot 26, a sister by Majd Al Arab (Amer) to Farraaha (Amer). The latter won the Oaks Trials (Gr3 PA) at Doha. She is closely related to performers of the calibre of Duma (Naftalin) and Bopp Moon (Dormane). Both of which have won at the highest level. The Saint-Faust draft also includes lot 29, a son of Munjiz out of a full sister to the Gr1 PA winning pair Noreen (Dormane) and Nirwan (Dormane). The juvenile draft bearing the Haras de Mandore label comprises lot 15, a regally bred son of Af Albahar (Amer) and the brother of four black type performers, including the PA Group winning Cheker (Kerbella), and lot 38, a son of Munjiz and the Gr3 PA winning Sahabba (Nizam).
The other eye catchers of the juvenile section are:
- Lot 8: a daughter of Dahess and the Gr1 PA winning Anastasya(Dormane), the dam of the Gr1 PA winners Dubai Heros (Amer) and Akkerland (General). She is consigned by the Haras du Berlais.
- Lot 16: a sister by Af Albahar to the Arabian Triple Crown Round 3 (Gr3 PA) victor Sniper de Monlau(Câlin du Loup). She is consigned by the Haras du Saubouas.
- Lot 23: a sister by Dahess to the Arabian Trophy (Gr.1 PA)winner Kiss de Ghazal (Dormane). She’s another from the ‘Saubouas’ draft.
- Lot 42: A full brother to the 2020 Prix Kesberoy (Gr1 PA) victor Hadi de Carrère(Nieshan).Yann Creff is the consignor.
Photo: Dominique Boulard, seen here in the company of Olivier Delloye, is, among others, the PA specialist (expert) at Arqana
Breeding stock. After the juveniles have gone through the ring, the breeding stock section will take centre stage. A total of 42 horses have been catalogued, including the Haras du Grand Courgeon sire Majeed (lot 45), and 21 mares which include:
- Jaafina du Soleil(lot 55): a Jaafer Asf (Amer) sister to the L PA winning and Gr2 PA placed Tidarbret (Bengali d'Albret). Part of the ‘Saubouas’ consignment, she’s in-foal for the very first time after being bred to Al Mamun Monlau (Munjiz).
- Al Chyhanah (lot 51): a daughter of Munjiz and closely related to the Gr1 PA winning distaffer Al Fahda(Azadi). In-foal to Al Mourtajez (Dahess), she bears the Sabouas label. • Chalwa du Breuil (lot 57): a Group PA winning daughter of Mahabb, and herself the daughter of the Gr3 PA winning heroine Jamaa du Breuil (Djouras Tu). In-foal to Al Mourtajez, she is consigned by the Haras de Mandore.
- Goldina(lot 59): a sister (by Dormane) to the Gr1 PA winning El Rigoletto (Kesberoy), and part of Saubouas ‘ticket’. She is in-foal for the first time following her union with Af Albahar.
Eight yearlings will similarly go through the ring, including lot 69, another brother (by Dahess) to the Gr1 winning pair Dubai Heros and Akkerland.
A dozen 3-year-olds classed as endurance horses will make up this session, including:
- HobiwanArtagnan(lot 77): a brother of the CEI* class performers and above, Blu By You, Spy and Up To You Art. He’s consigned by the Élevage d'Artagnan.
- MikaFont Noire (lot 80): a brother to the CEI3* class (160kms) winning mare Easy Fontnoire and Dakar de Fontnoire. The latter has triumphed at CEI2* level (120kms), and hailing from the Font Noire academy.
- Héritierla Majorie (lot 83): a son of the CEI2* (120 km) category class sire Padisha la Majorie. The Haras de la Majorie are the consignors.
The horses-in-training section. A total of 35 horses-in-training/endurance performers will
bring the sale to its conclusion, and the standouts include:
- Gaya des Vabres(lot 87): the French champion 3-year-old filly of 2019 in terms of physique and gait, and hailing from a family that is well endowed in performers at CEI* level and above. Consigned by the Élevage des Vabres.
- Emporio(lot 116): second in the French Arabian Breeders' Challenge-Poulains (Gr2 PA) in 2019. His return to action this year yielded a second in the H.H. The Amir Silver Sword at Doha. Currently boasting a rating of 48, the 4-year-old colt is part of the offerings from the Haras du Saubouas.
Vous aimerez aussi :
Qatar Arabian Trophy des Poulains : HADI DE CARRÈRE S’OFFRE LE DOUBLÉ DES GRS1 DE 3ANS
SAINT-CLOUD (FR), OCTOBER 2nd, 2020 Gr1 PA - 3-year-old colts & geldings - 2,000m (10f) - €85,000 Vainqueur de l'Al Rayyan Cup (Gr1 PA) sous le déluge à Deauville, Hadi de...03 novembre 2020
Paddy’s Day, une légende (bien) vivante
Paddy’s Day (Burning Sand) avait déjà remporté la course américaine la plus dotée en 2016, alors qu’elle était organisée à...03 novembre 2020